Thursday, October 29, 2009

Self Analysis




I have always been interested in international affairs, especially regarding foreign relations of countries. I wanted to blog about the relations of the United States and Iran, regarding Iran's nuclear program because it was always an ongoing and changing issue. I also wanted to blog about the past Iranian presidential election and the protests that came afterward, because I wanted to learn more about it. When I first started this blog I really had to dig deep into my topic. How could I have created valid without any research? I had a vague notion of what was going on, but I had no idea the sorts of details regarding this issue. While writing posts, I researched how the relationship of Iran and the US was in the past, in order to put the current relationship in perspective. I also expanded my knowledge of the United States' view on Iran's nuclear program, and how the United States reacted towards Iran's presidential election. As I expanded my knowledge of my topic, I also grew in my understanding of it and I started to think differently about these issues. I started of thinking that the dialogue between Iran and the United States holds the utmost importance, which it does, but I did not realize how complex it could be. I learned that there are always two sides of this relationship. One side is positive and constructive. This side involves talks and negotiations. The other side is negative and makes the relationship a little tense. This side involves economic sanctions. Also Iran is a country where many people think is a country that supports terrorists. Keeping in mind the different points of views that people have of Iran and also acknowledging the sides of the American and Iranian relationship, I have learned how to create an argument on the side for further talks and negotiations with Iran while realizing the other side of the issue.

The pictures are from the following websites:
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2009/03/19/midmorning1/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522717,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment